Test and Tag Training Course
Notice: Due to changes in WHS Regulations and the National Training Package, participants are now required to complete the prerequisite module “Workplace Health & Safety Module (UEENEEE101A)” along with the Test and Tag Training module (UEENEEP026A).
The new Workplace Health & Safety Module (UEENEEE101A) is completed online and is broken up into 7 sections only takes around 2 hours to complete in total, so you can complete the online modules at your leisure.
The Test and Tag module (UEENEEP026A) is delivered face to face over a full day with lots of One on One Hands on Practical Training with a trainer there to guide you, for you to ask questions.
The course fee has changed to reflect the additional assessment and administration that is required.
All of our trainers have years of experience, not only as trainers but also in the testing and tagging field.
Please phone us to make a course booking or enquiry.
Course Duration: Approximately 2 hours for online WHS module (from your work or home) plus 1 full day for the Test and Tag theory and practical course.
Locations: We carry out training courses at both public and private venues throughout NSW. We can provide on-site training at your workplace for 6 to 16 participants. Our public courses are held regularly at a number of locations including:
Dates: Phone or email us for dates and locations. When ordering online, simply state your course date in the “Comments” field when checking out.
Includes: Theory, Practical training and Assessment.
Certification: Nationally Recognised UEENEEP026A – ‘Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord assemblies and cord connected equipment’ (Test & Tag), and UEENEEE101A – ‘Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace’, delivered by Registered Training Organisation 91623
Course Pre-requisites: You must attain UEENEEE101A before attending the UEENEEP026A test and tag course. Course participants must have reading, writing and communication skills to be eligible to enrol in this course.
Course Participants with special needs: Please advise us of any special needs when you enquire with us about enrolment in this course.
Course Description: This full day Safety Inspection, Test & Tag Course helps OHS managers to ensure through training that their testing personnel understand the theory and practical aspects of testing the safety of portable electrical appliances.
The course is delivered through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91623)
All training courses includes a practical session where candidates can inspect and test a variety of electrical appliances.
The assessment tasks resemble today’s workplace.
All students must fully demonstrate the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve the RTO Certification at the end of the course.
* Demonstrate a satisfactory knowledge of the legislative framework
* Identify the standard and testing intervals (AS/NZS 3760 & Codes of Practice).
* Understand the electrical equipment risk assessment
* Understand the limitations of the training course
* Define resistance, current & voltage
* Understand the difference between ac and dc electricity
* Understand electrical circuits (Parallel & series circuits )
* Understand single phase and three phase electricity
* Understand electrical safety
* Identify electrical hazards and implement preventative measures
* Identify class 1 & class 2 equipment in accordance with standard
* Demonstrate knowledge and safe use of test equipment
* Perform visual inspections
* Perform tests in accordance with standard on electrical equipment
1. Earthing continuity test
2. Insulation resistance test
3. Leakage current test
* Perform tests on portable residual current device (RCD)
* Carry out required action for compliant & non-compliant equipment
* Fit tags in accordance with standard
* Log records of test and inspection in accordance with standard
* Explain maintenance and re-calibration requirements of a PAT
Course delivered by RTO 91623 – NSW Electrical Test & Tagging